Florida is one super-sized sunshine state, with more than 888 cities and towns spread over 67 counties to find an apartment rental. There’s cattle country and farmland, theme parks and historic haunts. But Florida is of course best known for its 1200 mile coastline – 700 of that being sandy, inviting beaches.
No wonder Florida’s best places to live hug the shore – like the East Coast’s Brevard County, and Gulf Coast’s Hillsborough County. Both stand out in “best” polls and rankings, and both offer an abundance of apartment rentals that welcome you to the Florida lifestyle. Including stylish condos in the number three ranked “best city,” Indian Harbour.
|Top Ten1. Palm Beach – Palm Beach County
2. Sanibel – Lee County
3. Indian Harbour Beach – Brevard County
4. Mission Bay – Palm Beach County
5. Punta Gorda – Charlotte County
6. Celebration – Osceola County
7. Belleair – Pinellas County
8. Safety Harbor – Pinellas County
9. Sunshine Ranches – Broward County
10. Boca Point – Palm Beach County
|View Top 10 Best Places to Live in Florida in a larger map|
|Brevard and Hillsborough Counties24. Satellite Beach – Brevard County
33. Temple Terrace – Hillsborough County
35. Indialantic – Brevard County
49. Melbourne Beach – Brevard County
55. Merritt Island – Brevard County
79. Lutz – Hillsborough County
93. West Melbourne – Brevard County
|View Best Places to Live in Florida: Brevard & Hillsborough Counties in a larger map|
What’s more, Hillsborough County earned a spot in the top 100 places to live in the U.S. according to Money Magazine’s 2012 rankings.
Money Magazine Top 100 Places to Live in the US, 2012
67. Riverview, FL – Hillsborough County
Learn more about apartment rentals in Brevard and Hillsborough County through Garden Communities Florida.