The Top Schools in Hillsborough County, FL
Garden Communities of Florida knows how important it is to parents to live in good school districts and great school zones. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best schools in and around our Tampa, FL communities.
Address: 6100 Tampa Palms Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647
Phone: (813) 975-7390
- 8/10 rating on greatschools.org
- Test scores far above the state average
- 12:1 student to teacher ratio
- Compton Place (1.5 mile drive)
Tampa Palms Elementary School has nearly 850 students, yet manages to exceed test score expectations year after year. Students from the Bay area can excel in an environment that has a rich history of excellence, while they enjoy learning in an institution that has been awarded as a Five Star School for 14 consecutive years.
Address: 18333 Calusa Trace Boulevard, Lutz, FL 33558
Phone: (813) 975-6945
- 9/10 rating on greatschools.org
- 10/10 test score rating
- 82 percent of teachers have over 3 years teaching experience
- Landings Cypress Meadows (2.5 mile drive)
Schwarzkopf Elementary School is one of the finest public schools in the greater Tampa Bay area. With 639 students and an experienced teaching staff, students are able to excel both academically and personally as they grow.
Source: Hillsborough County Public Schools
Address: 17400 Commerce Park Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33647
Phone: (813) 558-1180
- Test scores above the state average
- 18:1 student to teacher ratio
- 83 percent of teachers have over 3 years teaching experience
- Compton Place (2.5 mile drive)
Despite being a large school with over 1,200 students, Liberty Middle School continues to achieve test scores higher than the state average. The middle school also offers exceptional after school programs and athletics to challenge students both in and out of the classroom.
Address: 5200 Ehrlich Road, Tampa, FL 33624
Phone: (813) 975-7325
- 8/10 student progress rating on greatschools.org
- 18:1 student to teacher ratio
- A rated school 2014-2015.
- Landings Cypress Meadows (5.4 mile drive)
With just under 1,000 students, Hill Middle School has been serving the needs of Tampa students since 1986. With programs like the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Hill students are afforded the opportunity to apply their education to real-life business practices and procedures, participate in leadership and business development activities, and much more.
Address: 17410 Commerce Park Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33647
Phone: (813) 558-1185
- 7/10 college readiness rating
- 83 percent graduation rate
- 2,070 students
Freedom High School is solely focused on preparing students for life and providing educational environments that allow all students to reach their potential. Students can participate in clubs such as the National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta, the Thespian Society and much more to expand their interests and horizons.
Source: Wikimedia Commons
Address: 16200 N. Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa, FL 33618
Phone: (813) 975-7340
- 19:1 student to teacher ratio
- 93 percent of teachers have three or more years of teaching experience
- 2,090 students
At Gaither High School, anything is possible. With programs geared to business technology, theatre, advanced placement and more, students of all educational backgrounds and skill levels can achieve great things during their high school career. Interested students can participate in character-building programs such as the Navy Junior ROTC, join one of the many sports teams or become a member of one of Gaither’s ever-growing list of after-school clubs.